Taylor writes home every Monday so be sure to check for a new letter each week!                                                                                                       Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and TEACH THEE WHAT THOU SHALT SAY. (Exodus 4:12)

Thursday, April 21, 2011

E-Mail to Mom 4/18/11

Hey Mom!
Thats so cool that he called! (Referring to the call receive by Tamara from President Jackson last night telling us that Taylor arrived safely… they spoke for 20 minutes and it was about 1AM in Brazil. President Jackson had great things to say about Taylor and about Taylor’s companion.  He is apparently a very accomplished pianist and an even better missionary.)  Yeah I really like him. He made a really cool analogy with basketball and companions. How right now I am the sophomore on the team and my senior companion is the senior player. I’ll be the top player or scorer someday. I liked that.  They served all of us a lot of good food that first day in their home. We were interviewed and then we went to a chapel to find out who our companions were. My companions name is Elder Dressman. He is great. He has 3 months left and he is helping me out a lot. We live in a small apartment with just us two. Pretty small and a little dirty but not too bad. I am sure that I will have worse. haha. I want to figure out how to send pictures home so that you can see the pictures I have taken.  Things have been good. After I met my companion a member took us back to our apartment. He had his daughters with him and I sat in the back with them and they were talking to me and I could not understand much. A little but it was hard… haha fun times.  After that we went out and taught a guy named Eduardo and we taught about church. I talked to him about the sacrament and the peace that we can feel there as we remember Christ. It was really cool and I could feel the spirit as he excitedly told us that he liked church. It was great. I did not understand everything but I could tell that he was excited. Then we did some street contacting which was fun. I did well and if when I did not understand something my companion would jump in and help. He has definitely helped a lot. My first night was good. I was really tired so I slept well. This morning we did personal study and then we had a district meeting. I went on my first bus ride which was fun. Did not understand much at the district meeting but it was still good. Elder Horne (friend from Maple Valley who arrived in the field the same day as Taylor) is in my district so we do not know anything together. haha. Then we went and ate lunch at a restaurant and went grocery shopping  and now I am typing to you. It is not a very rich area. Lots of dogs running around. Some run down type places but it is cool. But yeah I am loving all of it. I just wish I knew the language so I could enjoy it more, but I know that it will come with time.  I hope that everything is going well at home.  I heard it was snowing which is pretty cool for April. I love you so much mom! Thank you for writing me. My pday is on Monday so make sure to write me on Sunday. I love you! Miss you!
Elder Summerhays

No comments:

Post a Comment