Taylor writes home every Monday so be sure to check for a new letter each week!                                                                                                       Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and TEACH THEE WHAT THOU SHALT SAY. (Exodus 4:12)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

P-Day May 23, 2011

Hey Mom!
I'm doing good today. We had a zone activity together which was pretty fun. I wish it wouldn’t have taken so long because now we don't have time to do anything else... but nothing unusual there. We played Nertz and soccer. Nertz! haha fun stuff. We weren't completely helpless. I liked working with Elder Horne because we were able to find stuff out on our own. I could try something and I wouldn't have someone to rely on but the spirit so it was cool. I love Elder Dressman and he has taught me so much but I always like learning some things on my own. So I have one experience that I will share after I write about everything else. I got my package! woo hoo! I have already eaten a lot of it so I need to slow down. Thank you so much! And yes, I have plenty of food. I'm trying not to gain weight. ha-ha. I hope I don’t...if I do I'm going to eat apples every day. Haha I love Sadie! Tell her that I said hi and that I love her! haha Tell Lilly that I love her very much and that I'm proud of her for reading her new scriptures. That will help her so much. That’s great. Oh man... I forgot that he (Fred Nelson) was getting married. tell him I love him and that I said congrats. ok here's the story that happened. So it's not very long but I have told you about our investigator Jane. She is great and she knows that baptism is the right thing to do for herself and her very young daughter when she's older. But she is like her mom Rosa. Rosa has been investigating the church for 2 years and she has told us she knows the church is true and she goes to church all the time. But they lack self confidence or they just have something holding them back. I don't know. But the last time that we talked with them was hard. The lesson was great. The spirit was so strong as we talked about how they can receive answers to their prayers and that their Heavenly Father will help them with anything if they have faith. I don’t know how they couldn't have felt the spirit. It was as strong as I have felt it. We invited them to be baptized together and to help each other to prepare themselves. But they still were scared and declined. I kept a smile on a little when I left but once they closed the door and we were walking home I felt incredibly sad. It was dead silent the whole way home. It was so hard to stop myself from crying in the street. What could be holding them back? It just makes me so sad to think that they know that these things are true but can't take that step. I don’t know. I learned so much about loving the people I teach. I love these two people. I cry over them. I just want them to make this choice that will make their lives happy forever. I always heard people say to love the people and I just learned what that actually meant. After that night I promised myself that I would do all I could to love every single person I talk to. Because when I do that I will have the same desire for them that I have for Jane and Rosa. I want the happiness that I have in my life to be with these people. I was so sad but grateful for this experience. I know that Jane and Rosa will make this decision one day. I'm going to do all that I can to help them. I know gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that God answers our prayers and loves us more than we will ever know. He loves us so much. I can't even imagine how hard it is for him to see his children in pain and anguish. How much that could hurt him. I love my Heavenly Father and am so grateful for all that he has blessed me with.

I love you mom. thank you for the email! I hope you have fun in Cali! say hi to the family for me and talk to Veda about my mission! I love you!

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment